About Me

I am a proud wife and mother of 3 girls, 2 dogs, & 3 cats. I lost my job last year, due to budget cuts in education. I feel sick over the loss. I have decided to overcome my depression and weight gain, by turning my life around. First item - weight loss. I want to feel better, have more energy, see my kids grow up and meet my grand-kids. I don't want to be embarrassed about my size, if I don't get the job, I don't want to wonder - Is it because I am fat? I want to find me.

Welcome!

I'm glad you stopped by, and hope you find some connection or a bit of enjoyment in my musings of uncovering my true self; a lighter, happier, mother and wife. Leave a comment, support the sponsors, follow my blog, but most of all, be inspired and know you are not alone!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 11, Staying Motivated and Avoiding French Fries

I have done well in the last 11 days. But I am starting to feel the lack of motivation settling in. It’s very difficult to go through a weekend in my house and make good choices. We usually end up being gone; either running errands or doing a family activity all day, then I get famished and we end up at a fast food place. This weekend I was able to forego the French fries. I ordered a chicken salad, but will I be able to do that week after week? Maybe. I mean, YES! YES I CAN! I can do this! I felt so good after eating a salad, but my heart ached for my family sitting around me…they were eating double cheeseburgers, fries, and ice cream treats…Wasn’t I suppose to be helping them as well? It’s hard not to feel like the bad guy when you tell them not to eat that crap. I am hoping they will begin to make those good choices after watching me do it for a while. They say actions speak louder than words. We shall see.

I am also feeling the lack of motivation to exercise. I am still unemployed, so what else do I need to do – NOTHING. Well, okay, laundry, dishes, dusting, vacuuming, etc, but really, I HAVE TIME FOR EXERCISE! Why don’t I want to do it? Because I still have the lazy bug in me. I feel SO GOOD when I work out, it’s just getting up to do it that’s difficult. I CAN DO THIS! I CAN DO THIS! I just need to plan a workout routine. Maybe make a checklist of what I do on what days. I have a wonderful home gym, but don’t know what exercise to do on it or for how long. I have been working mostly on cardio (treadmill), but now I think I need to throw some weights in there as well.

Well, I’m off to call the A/C repair man. It seems like it’s always something around here that needs to be fixed…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, I'm only human. Thanks for stopping by.

Blog Hop - Woo-hoo! Meet new friends!

Fat to Fit Blog Hop

Total Pageviews